DISTORTED: ..dis•tort•ed; [dih-stawr-tid]; -adjective
1) Not truly or completely representing the facts; 2) twisted, as with an aberration or bias; 3) to cause to work in a twisted or blurred manner; 4) to turn away from the expected or proper direction; 5) a deformation of an image; 6) to give a false, perverted, or disproportionate meaning to.
DEFORMED: ..de•formed; [dih-fawrmd]; -adjective
1) To mar the natural form or shape of; 2) put out of shape; 3) to change the form of; 4) transform;
5) to change the original state; 6) to disfigure as if by twisting.
The foregoing definitions clearly depicts the sad state of the organizational/institutionalized Christian Church today; distorted and deformed.
How, when, and why did it arrive in this abhorrent and abominable condition?
This is what we will explore in this article, and for some, it will not be pretty.
Like a dead corpse rotting away, today’s “organized/institutionalized local church system” bares virtually no likeness or semblance to what was once a living and vibrant community of believers who knew what is was to be set free from the entanglements and the yokes of bondage.
But right off the bat, someone might be saying, “…What in the world are you talking about? My church isn’t distorted or deformed. In fact, our pastors are humble men, filled with the Spirit and many saints have benefited much from their ministry. Our church is Christ-centered and God-glorifying, vibrant and growing…” etc., etc.
You might be surprised, or shall I even say, shocked.
I’m reminded many times of the Scriptures in 1 Corinthians 2:14-15
“Now the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually examined. But he that is spiritual examines all things, and he himself is examined of no man.”
The importance of this verse in arriving at truth and understanding God’s Word cannot be overestimated.
As you scour through this article, hopefully there will be some of you who will gain a little knowledge and understanding, not only as to:
1) how “church leaders” have distorted and deformed the church; turning it into an enslaving institutional system, which was not founded by Jesus Christ, but by men who love to feed upon and control other human beings;
2) gain a little knowledge and understanding of what the church really is; a purchased possession bought and paid for with the sinless blood of Christ; who alone has the authority of ownership and declares that no man can lay any other foundation than the one He has already established.
Remember though, as you read and study, pray for the ability to see and hear the deep truths presented throughout. Without God's Spirit, without the One of whom it is written, “He shall guide you into Truth,” all the time in the world will not bring one to the knowledge of the Truth. The Spirit of God is not something that I, or any man, can give to you.
May you find the faith and courage to do what God would have you to do, because doing it will bring you the peace, joy, and freedom that Jesus died to provide.