Below you will find some indications of what a Biblical Christian is. For certain, you will rarely hear or read about these indicators from those who declare themselves to have been "called by God into the pastoral office." Many indications on the list might be shocking to some of you. But then again, should that be news?
The REAL JESUS CHRIST is just as shocking today as He was when He taught His own personal disciples. The religious leaders of the time of Christ were appalled at the teachings of Jesus. They were horrified by Jesus because Jesus demolished their man-made customs, traditions, deceits, fraud, false teachings, false authority, greed, lust and power mongering (Matthew 23). The response of those religious leaders to Jesus was hate, sowing of discord, persecution, attempted murder, lies, false accusations and ultimately death to Jesus Christ. Has anything changed in 2000 years? Yes. It’s gotten worse.
It was Jesus who rejected the authoritarian structure of his own religious heritage and anything that even came close to the carnal rule of men. Jesus unfolds this throughout His entire life and ministry! One notable example is: Matthew 20:20-28:
"You know that the rulers of the Gentiles are lords over them, and those who are great exercise authority (or are tyrants) over them. YET IT WILL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU.
If Jesus were to return today, there is not one church on the face of the earth who would dare hire Him to be their “Pastor”. Not one!
Make no mistake about it. The church that killed Christ two thousand years ago is the same church today, with the same type of leadership, that would without delay, kill Christ all over again if He were here teaching us:
“…YET IT WILL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant…”
If you think you know what a Biblical Christian is because you “go to church regularly” and follow its rules and have your morning devotions, think twice.
WHAT IS A BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN?
● A Biblical Christian is one who is able to worship God at any time and in any place and that doing so, he infuriates organized religionists. John 4:23-24; Luke 22:1-2
● A Biblical Christian obeys the scriptures to "test all things" and “prove the spirits” even though they are mocked and ridiculed from the pulpit, and labeled “Pharisees;” even though they are called “divisive,” “un-submissive,” having a “proud, haughty spirit.” 1 Thess. 5:21;
1 John 4:1
● A Biblical Christian is someone who stands up to carnal-minded church leaders and refuses to have them tamper with their marriage and family. Matthew 19:6
● A Biblical Christian is one who knows where the wolves are. They know there’re in the pulpits. Matthew 7:22-23
● A Biblical Christian does not choose to serve their spiritual bullies in the pulpit, thinking all the while they are serving their Lord. No rather they expose them. Gal. 2:11; 1 Timothy 1:19; 2 Timothy 2:17; 2 Timothy 4:10; 2 Timothy 4:14; 3 John 9; Jude 11
● A Biblical Christian is one who puts their family first; not their “pastor." Ephesians 5:22ff
● A Biblical Christian is bought with a price, the precious blood of Jesus. They do not become slaves of men and of human institutions. Slaves of Christ, Yes! Slaves of men, institutions, or religious systems, No! 1 Cor. 7:23
● A Biblical Christian does not take up their cross weekly and follow their leaders, but takes up their cross daily and follows Jesus Christ. Luke 9:23
● A Biblical Christian sees that the Jewish system of appointing certain ones to perform priestly duties has been done away with; that the work of Christ on the cross has rent the veil providing every believer free access to the Father (Matthew 27:51; Hebrews 10:20); that in Christ all believers are priests and have the responsibility to function as priests.
1 Peter 2:5-9
● A Biblical Christian does not believe it is rebellion to question the teachings and practices of the pastors and churches. 1 John 4:1; 1 Thess. 5:21; 1 Cor. 14:29; 2 Tim. 3:5; Titus 3:10; 2 Cor. 6:17
● A Biblical Christian is free to follow their heart in giving to whomever they desire as God prospers them. 2 Cor. 9:7
● A Biblical Christian knows that it is not in any building made with hands that the Father is worshiped. Acts 7:48
● A Biblical Christian knows that many pulpits are occupied by masters of deceit, hiding under the guise of an angel of light. 2 Cor. 11:13-15
● A Biblical Christian does not corrupt the necessary love within a family and succumb to the false teaching that so-called “church authorities” outside the family know best. Ephesians 5:22ff; Matthew 19:6
● A Biblical Christian is one who is free to fellowship with people from denominations they once were taught were ungodly and unworthy of their company. Matthew 23:8
● A Biblical Christian has nothing to fear by probing, discussion, debating, and searching for Truth. Only orthodoxy is threatened by such exercise. A Biblical Christian knows that the promise still stands that knowing the truth will set us free. John 8:32
● A Biblical Christian is one who does not passively sit in pews and observe the ministry of a select and highly privileged few. Romans 12 &1 Cor.12-14
● A Biblical Christian is fully aware and on guard knowing that spiritual wolves wear suits and ties, look good, sound good, and appear to be "godly" in public. Mark 13:22
● A Biblical Christian is one who will stand up for their family and spouse and say “NO” to the home-wrecking pastors who are usurping and seeking to steal, kill, and destroy. Matthew 7:15ff
● A Biblical Christian knows that their "local pastor" has no more spiritual authority over them than does the town dog catcher. 1 Cor. 11:3
● A Biblical Christian will not tolerate a “church leader” micromanaging every detail of their life. 1 Cor 7:23
● A Biblical Christian is one who doesn’t follow the false teaching that states that group obedience to the elders in all things is from God. 1 John 4:1
● A Biblical Christian is one who does not worship in a place where only one side of a question is "allowed" to be taught. Psalm 1:1-2
● A Biblical Christian is not dumbed down to the level of not being able to think, reason or discern for themselves. Romans 12:2
● A Biblical Christian does not believe that the foundation of life is their local church. John 14:6
●A Biblical Christian's "conscience is not bound to care for their pastors.” 2 Tim. 3:13
● A Biblical Christian knows that God does not move exclusively on Sunday morning at twenty minutes past eleven, following three choruses and two minutes of singing. His Spirit is everywhere, all the time. John 4:24
● Biblical Christians are not “dumb sheep.” Matthew 7:14
● A Biblical Christian learns that the praise of God is not intended to be a spectator sport relegated to weekends only, but the pouring out of one's own heart to their Creator day after day. Acts 2:46; Acts 5:42
● A Biblical Christian is one who has been called out by God into His royal Assembly, His family; called out, not only from among the world, but also even the RELIGIOUS world!
2 Cor. 6:17
● A Biblical Christian will not play the role of “God” in the lives of others. 1 Cor. 8:6
● A Biblical Christian will not give their devotion and mind to men, a movement, or a local institutional system. Romans 12:2; 1 Cor. 3:19
● A Biblical Christian does not acquiesce to unquestioned, uncritical agreement and allegiance to a human leader. Acts 17:10-11
● A Biblical Christian does not believe:
-Salvation is founded upon going to church; -Truth is only understood by pastors; -Church authoritarianism and hierarchy are ordained by Jesus Christ; -Institutional churches are what Jesus died on the cross to establish; -Giving of your tithes and offerings will make you prosper; -The pastors words are inspired by the Holy Spirit and are infallible; -Modern day "pastors" and "preachers" are "God's generals"; -Jesus Christ speaks to us only through "professionally" trained preachers; -The clergy dressed in their fine business suits are “holy men.” 2 Tim. 3:1-7
● A Biblical Christian will know that their religion is not predicated on the notion, "We must listen to a Sunday sermon." 1 Cor. 2:5
● A Biblical Christian never leaves all the research and thinking to the pastors, but researches issues and will think for themselves. Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:1
● A Biblical Christian is one who knows that there is no man whose word has power over another; that no one has the right in God's kingdom to "lord it over them" (exercise authority). Jesus has spoken and said "NOT SO!" Matthew 20:25-26
● A Biblical Christian will never view the words of their supposed “spiritual overseers” as the words of God. 1 Cor. 2:1; Acts 10:26
● A Biblical Christian is someone who was not aware of how spiritually dead they really were UNTIL they come out of the graveyards in which they worship! 2 Cor 6:16-17
● A Biblical Christian does not think that Sunday church attendance is the definition and/or sign of being a Christian Col. 2:16-17
● A Biblical Christian does not think that following Jesus Christ means going to church every week and hearing another sermon. 1 Tim. 4:1-2
● A Biblical Christian is not called to weekend duty but worships 24/7. John 4:23-24
● A Biblical Christian will know that their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ did NOT SAY:
-"Blessed are those who go to church".
-"Submit to the authority of pastors".
-“Worship Me by giving of your tithes and offerings.”
-"Your sins are forgiven by going to church".
-"Life revolves around preachers and churches".
-"Touch not mine anointed".
-"Fear your leaders".
-"Attend church on Saturday or Sunday".
-"It is a sin to not go to church".
-"Build physical church buildings and fill the pews with financial contributors".
-"Let paid hirelings and professional clergy do your thinking".
-"Don't challenge religious leaders of churches".
-"Pastors are the living waters of life".
-"Follow seminary/academy trained clergy leaders".
-"Pastors, senior pastors, reverend pastors, and doctor pastors are a special class of people who rule over my followers".
Tell me dear reader. Are you a Biblical Christian?